This just might be my favorite DIY to date. Which is encouraging because about half way through the project (It was a guest book for my brother's wedding), I contacted his fiancé in distress (using very 'choice' words) about how awful it was going to be. BUT, look! I kept on going, and it turned out adorable ... if I don't say so myself!
You should make one too! It would make such a fabulous journal.
what you need:
1. hard cover book
2. heavy weight paper (about 1/3 as many sheets as there are pages in the book)
3. exacto knife
4. Zip Dry paper glue
what you might want:
1. paper edge cutter things (to get that lace edge)
2. photo corners - if you are using it as a scrap book
ok, this is what I did, However if you have a better idea I'd love to know it!
- With an exacto knife I cut out the pages of the book. Leaving about an inch and a half. (Saving pages for another art project!!!)
- Making sure my heavy-weight paper was the right size for the book, I then punched out the lace shape.
- I put glue on both sides of my heavy-weight paper and stuck it between two of the inch-long original pages.
- This paper is so much thicker then the original book paper you might want to do one heavy-weight page where there were before 3 or 4 pages. If so, I would then cut those extra pages down even further (or rip them out if you have a steady hand - but don't do that if your original spine is super delicate).
Look at how adorable my brother and his adorable bride were! (he and I picked out her dress. ooh ooh! maybe I'll do a fashion post about it!)
Well, that is it for now dearies. I am very anxious to know if you make one and how it turns out!